ICS Electrical Contractors, who provide a full range of electrical services throughout the North Queensland region, were acknowledged for their efforts when bringing home the National Award. Townsville’s ICS Electrical Contractors were announced as the best in the country, taking out this year’s Industrial/Mining Project of the Year at the Master Electricians Australia (MEA) National Excellence Awards Gala in Noosa on Saturday night, September the 27th.
ICS Electrical directors Mick Tonner and Bret Webber said it was unexpected to be named the finest in the country after taking out the North Queensland MEA State Excellence Award last month.
“It is certainly an honour to be named the best in the country amongst your peers and acknowledge the achievement of a highly skilled and motivated team. We are very proud of the work and commitment shown by our staff at every level during this project.”
“This award is a testament to the efforts of everybody involved with the project. The ability of our team to work co-operatively with all parties involved in the project from the Principal Contractor to the end user client is a tribute to their enthusiasm for the trade and the industry.”
“Our commitment to safety, quality and the ability to adapt to an always evolving industry has allowed ICS Electrical to develop to where it is today. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with our customers, providing cost effective solutions to problems and an unrelenting determination to deliver quality installations is what we believe sets us apart from other contractors.”
“We hope this award will raise the profile of regional business and recognise that they can compete on a national platform.”
The other winners of the MEA National Excellence Awards include:
· Accredited Master Electrician of the Year – GB Electrical Contractors from Newcastle, NSW
· Business Woman of the Year – Lisa Viczko from K.P. Walsh Electrics in Townsville, QLD
· Residential Project of the Year – Power Integration for their Helen Street Apartments in Teneriffe, Brisbane, QLD
· Commercial Project of the Year – S&K Electrical Contracting for their Eastern Breakwater Revitalisation project in Geraldton, WA
· Industrial/Mining Project of the Year – ICS Electrical Contractors for their Port Upgrade project for Glencore in Townsville, QLD
· Data Project of the Year – ADCO Electrics for their Kings Park Reception Rooms project in Perth, WA
· Apprentice of the Year (4th year only) – Scott Bryant from Laser Electrical Bunbury, WA
MEA CEO Malcolm Richards said the National Excellence Awards were a wonderful opportunity to recognise outstanding quality, attention to detail and high standards of professionalism within the industry.
“The judges certainly had their work cut out for them this year but they were particularly impressed with ICS Electrical Contractors’ work on the Port Update Project for Glencore in Townsville,” Mr Richards said.
“We were thrilled to award ICS with the National Industrial and Mining Project of the Year award. This is a company who are excelling in the industry and are certainly raising the bar to provide the highest levels of workmanship.”
The National Excellence Awards gala was part of MEA’s Electrical Industry Conference on the Sunshine Coast which featured a number of seminar style sessions, informing and motivating more than 200 delegates on how to future-proof their business. Conference speakers included adventurer John Cantor, the CSIRO’s future thinking Mark Paterson, digital specialist Fi Bendall, Energex’s Mike Swanston, best-selling business novelist Troy Hazard and Chris Pattas of the Australian Energy Regulator.